Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

This holiday season has been busy for us so far! School is almost over for this semester which is amazing because I have had enough of it. I am ready for a break, tyring to go to school full time and take care of a wild 20 month old little girl is very challenging. And I think Ryan can agree working full time and going to school full time is also very difficult, but we are making it work :)
Ryan and I went to the BSU vs Utah State game today and it was BSU's last game, besides a bowl game which is very sad. It is sad after this amazing season that there will be no bcs bowl or national championship. The Nevada loss was sooo unbelievably sad and Ryan and I, along with my entire family, will probably be depressed for a year. BSU fans at the game today were very supportive of their kicker and the stadium was covered with people holding "we love brotzman" signs. The game was good, another blow out and it was freezing but we still had so much fun!
A couple of weeks ago was Ryan's birthday. Ryan's mom took us to Texas Roadhouse along with Ryan's brother and sister and we went to see Red, which was hilarious. We also had dinner at Ryan's moms house and birthday brownies. I made Ryan a Texas sheet cake and we had a little birthday celebration at my parents house as well.
Gotta love Grampa in the background :)
Peyton found a cozy little place to sit :)
Ryan enjoying his bday cake :)
Of course, Ryan and Carson had to get a picture with Justin Bieber at the movie theatre!
Ryan got a lot of fun things for his birthday. He got restaurant and movie gift cards from my family, a new snowboarding helmet and goggles from his mom, all his deer meat paid for from his dad and new snowboarding pants, jacket and boots from me and Peyton! Happy Birthday Ryan, I love you!!! 
I love this! It is so like Ryan to get dressed up from head to toe in his new stuff for no reason at all! I love him!
Thanksgiving was so fun this year! It didn't happen the way we planned, but it turned out great! We had it with my family this year and all of my mom's family were supposed to come into town but sadly they didn't make it because of the roads. Luckily my grandparents came a few days before the big storm and brought a few of my little cousins along with them and my moms cousin and his family were able to come over also. Ryan's mom and siblings were planning on going to Utah but they didn't make it out of town either so we combined and all had Thanksgiving together. It is very unusual to get to have one Thanksgiving dinner with both of our families so we are very grateful it turned out the way that it did! It was so much fun getting to spend our holiday with everyone, but we wish we could have also see Ryan's dad! 


The boys started out the day with their usual game of football! Peyton, Tammy, Jessica and myself ventured out into the freezing cold to watch. Peyton loved playing in the snow and watching football.
 It was so difficult to get any good pictures of the guys.. they were too busy taking inappropriate pictures!
 I told all the guys to get into a line so I could take a picture of everyone.. so of course they form a single file line.
 This is what Taylor and Carson looked like after dinner :)
 With winter comes city league basketball. Ryan is on two teams again this year. One with my dad, my brother, Ryan's brother and a few family friends and one with my uncle Eric. It is so fun to watch Ryan play. I haven't been very good about getting pictures so far because Peyton sure keeps me busy at his games, but hopefully I will get some good ones in future games.
Boise was hit with a ton of snow this last week and we have been loving it. We went up to Bogus Friday after Thanksgiving with my brother and Ryan's siblings and we had so much fun. We were so excited they opened so soon so we get full use out of our passes! We tried to take pictures when we were up there but my camera died, so we will get some next time! :) One night last week it snowed about 8 inches so we took Peyton out to play in the snow and she loved it. She got to wear her new snow pants and coat and snow boots. Ryan and I tried to build her a snow cave but it wasn't working out so we built her a snow slide instead and it turned out great. It is about 3 feet high and Ryan made perfect little stairs and walls for hand rails and a little slide. She stayed out there forever just going up and down. She loved it!
 Peyton played until it got dark and when we made her come inside she was devastated. She wouldn't look at the camera and she just cried on Daddy's shoulder.
It took a lot of bribing but she finally decided a cookie would make her feel better.
Over Thanksgiving break I also took some engagement pictures for one of my friends from high school and I think they turned out great. Here is a small sample! Hope you guys like them!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break!

1 comment:

Sarah Osborne said...

Haha! I'm totally laughing at the single file line the boys formed after the football game! You and I share this hardship of trying to get the men in our lives to take pictures :) I'm getting Kyle pretty trained (b/c he knows I'll just keep taking pictures until he does what I want him to do)...but there are always those days. I heard Zachy and Peyton had fun together at Thanksgiving dinner :) The rest of my fam was so bummed they couldn't join you!