Monday, December 27, 2010

Fifteen Fun Facts! :)

So... I kind of stole this cute idea from my cousin Sarah who did a "did you know?" post that had a whole bunch of completely random/fun facts... with a fun surprise at the end! So hopefully you don't mind I am stealing your cute idea Sarah :) :) So here it goes...

1. Courtney is apparently completely unoriginal and steals blogs ideas from her cousin :)
2. Ryan and Courtney have known each other since Courtney was 9 and Ryan was 11. They have been friends for a very long time!
3. Ryan and Courtney are both avid football watchers. Boise State mostly for Courtney.. ANYTHING FOOTBALL for Ryan :) Anything football, basketball, hunting or UFC really..
4. Ryan is not capable of playing an entire game of basketball without getting into a fight.
5. Courtney is obsessed with taking pictures. Ryan very much dislikes that she is, but is getting so much better about cooperating for pictures!
6. Ryan is a snowboarder. Courtney is a skier. Ryan is determined to change Courtney into a snowboarder.
7. Ryan and Courtney had a "three week fling" in high school and LOVE to argue about who "ended" it, because neither of us really remember what actually happened.
8. Ryan is studying to be an orthopedic surgeon and Courtney is studying to be a registered nurse (hopefully in the labor and delivery dept.)
9. Courtney loses cell phones all the time, and cant hold onto one for more than a week or so! This drives Ryan crazy!
10. Ryan is simply amazing at pretty much every sport.. especially basketball and football.
11. Ryan and Courtney's moms are both named Tammy, which gives their daughter two Grandma Tammy's.
12. Ryan and Courtney went to rival high schools.
13. Courtney is a stay-at-home mom and LOVES it!
14. Ryan and Courtney have a darling 20 month old little girl named Peyton Jo.
15. Ryan and Courtney will be parents of two in July!

Yes that's right.. baby number 2 is on the way, due July 2011 and we are so excited!!! This means lots of changes in the Douglas household! Peyton will no longer be an only child and will have to share Mommy and Daddy's attention, which I don't think she will enjoy very much. She is a major baby lover, but she is also a major attention lover and I don't think she will want a new baby around all the time. Hopefully she can work it out with her new brother or sister and they can get along. We have so much to look forward to this next year and we are so excited and cant wait to meet our new little baby! I'm now about ten weeks or so and I fully remember that pregnancy is HARD! This pregnancy so far has been rough, to say the least. And it is a lot harder this time having to take care of a toddler and be horribly sick! Luckily I have a lot of family that are very willing to babysit so I can rest once in a while. I feel like I am very much neglecting my wifely/motherly duties because I am so sick. Our house has never been so dirty, I cant remember the last time I cooked dinner and I basically only get off the couch to eat, and to feed and change Peyton. I give Peyton as much attention as I can from the couch. We spend a lot of time reading books and watching movies, since that is basically all I can do. Ryan has been so helpful in making me food and giving Peyton a lot of attention when he isn't working. He also has been doing a lot of the housework, but with him working full time it just doesn't all get done. I'm so grateful for everything that he has been doing though. He has been very understanding about running all over town picking up anything I am craving or anything I decided I could keep down. Unfortunately I don't just get "morning sickness" and only through the first trimester. I am sick morning, afternoon, evening and night and almost all the way through. With Peyton it got a little bit better around 25 weeks or so, but still not great. And really that's still so far away! I lived through it once, so I am pretty sure I will live through it again. And its all so worth it in the end!
To tell our families the good news we got Peyton dressed up on Christmas Eve in a red tutu skirt, tights and a shirt that said "My Christmas present came early this year..." on the front, and on the back it said "I'm going to be a big sister!" It was very cute! We just let her wander around the house and didn't say a word until someone noticed. Ryan's family figured it out pretty much right away. My family took a little bit longer. Every one's reactions were the exact same. They all would read her shirt out loud and then say "awwww... WAIT WHAT?!" Everyone is so excited and we all cant wait until we get to meet this new little baby!
 
 I didn't get a good shot of the back, so this is what it looks like, only red instead of pink :)

We cant wait for July 2011 to get here! :)

7 comments:

Brittany H said...

haha Congrats Courtney! I love the shirt idea. PS Me too! woo hoo. except this is Number 1 for me of course. It will be up on my blog soon :)

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

seriously I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! congrats girl! if you need anything let me know! i'm so sorry that you get so sick:( no fun!

Krystin said...

OH my goodness! this is so so exciting! congratulations!!!! I am home until the 3rd of January so we need to get together soon! Call me since I never know which # you are using! haha Feel Better! Let me know if I need to watch Peyton for a day!

Heather Jewell said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you!

The Taylors said...

Congratulations!!

The Taylors said...

Congratulations!!!

Sarah Osborne said...

Yeah!!! Woo hoo!! Ha ha, you are so cute Court...steal away! It was exciting to read your intro and know what the fun fact at the end was going to be :) I am SO happy for you guys and wish you all the best with your pregnancy!!